Search This Blog

Sunday 11 May 2014

Podcast interview

We decided to base our podcast on an interview style. Luke and myself decided to do it this way as we both have gathered a lot of research on St Fagans and felt that an interview format is the best way to showcase the research.

We decided to split the podcast into four areas these are: St Fagans; Foundation Phase; science at St Fagans and St Fagans and the National Curriculum. We decided to spit the interview into different areas because we felt it would be easier for the listener to understand what we were talking about and for them to understand how St Fagans or any outdoor environment can have a major impact on a child's development.

I was responsible for gathering research on St Fagans and and the science that I witnessed there and how that can implemented into enhancing children's learning. I decided that I would start out by discussing what stood out the most from my visit there. From this I considered how this environment helps in a child's development by looking at the current framework for the Foundation Phase and to examine how the science I witnessed at St Fagans could be implemented in the current curriculum in the Foundation Phase and it's seven areas of learning. I was surprised by the amount of work that could be done by just using one outdoor setting and I was surprised by just how many of the seven areas of learning I could cover from just one trip. It was also easy to see how the trip could also be used to relate to the Curriculum Cymreig.

The podcast has really helped me realize just how important outdoor environments can help develop a scientific idea and how this can be done with a cross curriculum approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment